Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Do You Hear and See What I Hear and See?

Following Jesus is definitely a separate subject broken up into many lessons. If we look at the disciples and the many lessons they got in following Jesus, they did not all pass with flying colors. Some were better students than others, but sometimes they went home and didn't go to class. In fact, when Jesus went away, most of them scattered and even went back to what they used to do. Peter, the guy Jesus said he would build his church on went back to his old job of fishing.

Recently, I was wondering if God is standing in some room and speaking on a microphone and only those students who are there taking notes and listening pass the test.  Or, does He have individual messages that speak intimately to each one of us like a homeschooled student? I think the answer is both. I believe He speaks a general message that is used to unify us on a bigger playing field, but He also reserves intimate private details for those of us who stay after class.


I think about the sweet conversations I have had with my husband or children. Sometimes they share things that are only personal for us, but other times they share things that they share with everyone. I believe it's those personal messages that are spoken to only us that increase the closeness of the relationship. When we share the bigger messages that we receive with others, we are inviting others into the room with the teacher, but when we share those close and personal intimate conversations, we are inviting them into a view of how sweet He really is. It teaches others to look for the personal signs of His affection from the One who desires to know us intimately.
While out running today, I saw a street sign. It happened to be close to the end of my run when I was exhausted and hot. It was when I couldn't imagine running another block. "Hope St". Isn't this like our Abba Father to send us a message of hope just when we feel like we have nothing left? It usually comes when we are exhausted and feel like giving up. A friend of mine calls it a "ray of hope". She looks for signs that Jesus is still at work. She looks for ways to see that she is not alone and that there is a purpose for all that she is going through and that there is another side to the trials in this life. There is hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

God is With Us

" and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:2...