Thursday, October 11, 2018

Homeschool For Real

When our daughter was younger she had been knocked down a few times from some tough social situations. I felt in every fiber of my being, the Holy Spirit nudging that she just needed a break. She needed a minute to catch her breath and be reminded of how loved and special she was. That year I homeschooled her. It was uniquely designed by God to give her what she needed so that she could continue her race.

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of this Spirit who lives in you." Romans 8:11

The hope is that if you have a relationship with Jesus, then He is living in you, and He will give you life. He will help you to rise back up.


So what does that look like? For my 10-year-old, it was a year of rest. After attending a field trip to the local aquarium, we found out that they wanted volunteers. Yes! They wanted 10-year-old volunteers with a willing adult! We signed up and before we knew it, we were touching sharks and sharing on microphones with crowds of people about them. What?!? I majored in business! I am definitely not an expert aquarist.

Sometimes, when we are willing to follow wherever the wind takes us, from here to there and everywhere, we may find ourselves doing things we never dreamed of doing. The year of volunteering and balancing homeschool also included helping my daughter self-publish her first comic book and finding a place to share it with kids in hospitals. It was a time of rest. It was a time of healing for her soul. God built her back up and told her how much he loved her and how special she was. I think we all need a little TLC from God at different times in our life. Sometimes we just need someone to say, it's okay to rest.

Just like my daughter, I have been on a journey of rest and of being reminded of how special I am and how loved I am by my teacher, Jesus. This blog invites you to have a front-row seat of some of that journey. Sometimes we get knocked down by people. Sometimes we get knocked down by our own bad decisions, but whatever the reason, at some point, we are all called to rise.


https://fishytalebook.wixsite.com/mybook




No comments:

Post a Comment

God is With Us

" and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:2...